Realtors send out calendars and holiday cards in December. Newsletters and other direct mail advertisements are sent year-round. Every realtor wants to grow his or her client base and be top-of-mind when a client is looking for a new home. A book can be a great tool to help you do just that.
There are so many great things to write about - home décor, gardening, curb appeal, hosting, etc. The possibilities are endless when it comes to what you could write about. But how will it actually help you?
Here are 5 ways a book can help you sell more houses:
1. Lead Generation: If you’re in the business of selling houses, you’re constantly making connections, networking, and looking for people that need you. Writing a book can inform your target audience and drive them directly to you.
2. Create Authority: Show your potential clients that you are an expert. Buying and selling a home can be a very emotional and anxious time for people, and buyers want to feel like the person working alongside them is an expert and can be trusted. A book will help establish that trust.
3. Generate Free Publicity: Local media outlets are always looking for positive and exciting things to say about their community. Send out a press release about your new book, and you will have free write-ups in the local papers.
4. Get More Referrals - As a free gift, give your book to clients and employees. Suggest they pass it along to their friends and contacts.
5. Ultimate Business Card - Written proof that you are a trusted source in the ﬁeld of real estate will go much farther than a run-of-the-mill business card.
You can become a published author in just 99 days!
Click here to learn more about the 99 Day Author Blueprint.
L. Shay Bradham is a freelance author, publisher, public speaker, and business consultant. She is the owner of Bradham Media Group.